I would say that time has gone by quickly, but then again, isn't that what we always say in hindsight? In the past 3 months I've busied myself with work and school, have signed up for a 1/2 marathon in April and a 10 mile race in May, and have spent some time starting this blog. In those same 3 months I have also experienced the announcements of new pregnancies for 3 of my friends, the birth of a baby girl for another friend, and have learned of many other friends who are "trying" now and will most likely end up being pregnant before Eric and I can even start trying again. As much as what happened to me (us) sucks and my heart sinks a little when I hear this type of news, I am no less happy for my friends in their starting of a family.
Five months seems like an eternity, but I know you'll hear me saying "wow, time flew by" when the end of summer arrives. In order to break up what seems to be a long five months ahead, I need to have things to look forward to and mark on the calendar. The first of these things occur on May 14th. This may sound weird, but May 14th is my septum resection surgery, and I am strangely excited for it. Maybe that is because it marks a milestone in the process of being able to "try" again? I can bet though that this "excitement" will turn into anxiety as that day approaches. Other, and probably more exciting, things on the calendar in the next 5 months include; end of Spring Semester, end of Summer Semester (which concludes the classroom portion of my Masters degree!), 3 bridal showers, 3 bachelorette parties, 3 weddings, various 30th birthday celebrations for friends and hopefully a vacation squeezed in there at some point.
Now that I have put down on
No comments:
Post a Comment